Welcome to Hillside!!
I’m proud to have been Headteacher here since September 2013.
Hillside is a special place where children are happy and successful learners. Our vision is for Hillside to continue to be respected within the community for its warmth, excellence and aspiration for all learners.
I’m delighted with what we have achieved. We have:
- Friendly, well-behaved and hard-working children who feel safe and enjoy coming to school.
- Good standards of learning and achievement.
- An inclusive ethos. Everyone is made to feel valued, and the children of all abilities thrive.
- An exciting, lively curriculum, which enables children to become lifelong learners.
- A dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic staff with high expectations focused on the interests of children.
- Strong links with other local schools, particularly those in our Verwood partnership.
- A location and site that enables learning beyond the classroom.
- A well-organised and active Parent Teacher Association
- A supportive but challenging Governing Body.
When Ofsted last visited in 2016 they noted that:
- This is a highly inclusive school.
- The school provides a wealth of opportunities to develop pupils’ social, cultural, moral and spiritual development.
- Pupils arrive full of enthusiasm, ready to learn, anticipating another exciting day with their friends.
- Pupils are learning to write fluently and independently.
I do hope the above match with your own experience of, and hopes for, Hillside First School, whether you are new to us, or have been a part of our community for a while.
Mr Jeremy Harrison